- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. All entries are submitted in the format of a video uploaded on YouTube or Vimeo.
2. Download the Song Contest entry form at halsafoods.com and follow instructions.
For instructions on how to upload your video on YouTube or Vimeo or create an account, please see YouTube or Vimeo tutorials:
How to upload a video to Youtube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
How to create YouTube account: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/161805?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
How to upload a video to Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/create
How to create a Vimeo account: https://vimeo.com
3. All entries must be received by 9.4.2019 by 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.). All songs and television commercials must be performed by the submitting contestant. Lyrics without videotaped performances will not be accepted.
Contest begins 7.4.2019 at 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T) and ends 9.4.2019 p.m. (E.S.T). Entries received after 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.) 9.4.2019 are void. All submitted entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, illegible, or misdirected entries. Online entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
3. PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) First Prize of $ 5,000 and One (1) Second Prize of $2,000 and One (1) Third Prize of $1000 will be awarded to the qualified entrant whose submission is selected in accordance with the Selection Criteria below. 10 honorable mentions will receive an Hälsa Love T-shirt. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Federal regulations require the Sponsor to issue a 1099 Form to the winner of the first three prizes. Entries are not transferable.
4. SELECTION CRITERIA: All winning submission will be selected by a Committee whose members shall be selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and as to which submissions the Committee deems best, based on the qualified submissions entered prior to 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.) on 9.4.2019. Winners are chosen on the basis of 1) originality, 2) creativity; song structure including melody and lyrics; and 3) 50% of how well the song conveys Hälsa’s message of love..
5. AWARDING OF PRIZES: All Prizes will be awarded to the qualified winning entry (entries) received by the deadline date. Winner(s) will be required to sign, complete and provide the following prior to receiving prize money:
(a) A signed Liability/Publicity release; and
(b) A completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility that must include Winner’s social security number or resident alien identification number; and
(c) A fully executed assignment of copyright transferring all rights in the Song and the submitted video to the sponsor Nothing But Real, Inc.
Winner(s) will be determined no later than 10.1.2019 by 5:00 p.m. E.S.T. The determination of winners and the awarding of the all Prizes will be handled by a Contest Administrator whose decisions are final on all matters pertaining to this contest. The Contest Administrator will use all contact information provided to attempt to notify winner(s). If attemps to notify the winners are are unsuccessful, the Prizes will be forfeited. Prizes will be awarded no later than 10/5/2019.
6. ODDS OF WINNING; CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: Odds of winning are determined by the number of qualified entries received and the number of winning entries, as well as the judging criteria specified in Number 4 above.
7. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older who are not: (i) represented under a music recording or publishing contract for their exclusive recording or songwriting services, either at the time of entry or at any time since 1.1.2019; (ii) subject to an acting, modeling or any other contract that would make his/her appearance in the work a violation of any third-party rights; or (iii) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to any guild or union memberships, that would in any way limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to display or use his/her Entry, name, likeness or any work that he/she has created for the Contest in any media form, in perpetuity on a royalty-free basis, without any payment of fee obligations of any kind. Employees of Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, advertising, promotion, and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved with this Contest, and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse) or households (whether or not related) of any of the above are not eligible.
8. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Offer is subject to federal, state, and local laws. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s names, winning submissions, identities, photographs and likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation (except where prohibited by law). By participating in the contest, participants expressly agree to be bound by these Official Rules and further acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements.
(a) By participating, each participant: 1) irrevocably grants Sponsor the royalty-free right throughout the world to use, re-use, copy, publish, republish in whole or in part, edit, add to, modify, and rearrange the Entry in whatever media, including without limitation edit, rearrange, and/or copy the Entry for use in the promotion of Sponsor’s products and services, without further permission, consideration or payment to the Entrant, except where prohibited; 2) agrees that all copyright rights in the winning song and videos submitted shall be owned by Nothing But Real, Inc. as a commissioned work under all copyright laws; and 3) warrants and represents that the Entry is 100% the original creation/work by the Entrant and that use of the Entry as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights, title, claim or interest of any third party; and 4) certify that applicant is the creator and sole copyright owner of the video. Further, all individuals appearing in the video must be at least 18 years of age and must have consented to the submission of the Entry into this Contest.
(b) Company names, trademarks and/or logos, other than those owned by Sponsor, music, Song, photographs, artwork and any other copyrighted materials, (collectively, Third Party Intellectual Property”) may not be included in any Entry submitted. Any Entry submitted with any Third-Party Intellectual Property, by way of example (a contestant included in the Entry is wearing branded merchandise with any brand logo) may be disqualified if such use is deemed inappropriate, impermissible or illegal, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry.
(c) Entries that include profanity, inappropriate or explicit language or demonstrate any lewd or sexually suggestive gestures or full or partial nudity, drug or alcoholic beverage use, any unsafe behavior or any other representations deemed inappropriate by Sponsor will be disqualified.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor nor its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transmission of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any Web site or online service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void.
Sponsor is not responsible, and shall have no liability and shall be released and held harmless by Winner for any damage, loss, or liability to person or property due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize(s) or participation in this contest. As a condition of entering this contest, participant agrees that under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for any losses or damages, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the contest. If, in the Contest Administrator’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the contest and determine prize winners based upon entries received as of the termination date. Should the contest be terminated prior to the end of the stated entry period, notice will be posted at halsafoods.com Any attempt deliberately to damage the content or operation of this contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the sponsor or its agents. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration before the American Arbitration Association. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event shall attorney’s fees be awarded. Any and all disputes shall be resolved under the laws of the State of California and all contestants agree that any arbitration hearing shall be heard in Los Angeles, CA. Offer void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by any federal, state and local laws.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, such Entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e mail address. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or non-delivered entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, satellite, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Website.